Monday, November 21, 2011

Stories of Second Grade

1. A student came up to me the other day and said, "I want to be millionaire rogers?" I asked to clarify, he repeated, and pointed to the job chart. I look for a few seconds and say, "Oh, you want to be the meteorologist?" (adding extra annunciation on the word).
2. One student has become dear to me, and the other day his tough guy front was down and he cried over frustration in science (matter is a hard concept!). BROKE MY HEART. I think I like him even more. I am trying to fight for him and to push him to do the work I know he is capable of doing. It is kids like him that I want to work with all the time.... hm, what can I specialize in?
3. We made a list of gases. My CT had students raise their hands with examples. The very first student who shares says, "farts." Cue laughter. She is gifted, and could prove why it was a gas. Props to her.

Enjoy.

One and a half days until no school for four days! So thankful for a break and rest and time with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment