Thursday, December 15, 2011

saying goodbye...

I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH UNDERGRAD!  Now I am an adult, except I do not yet have a job with benefits, which I could use right about now.

My second graders made me cards. Here are a few excerpts that should brighten your day:
-One boy drew a picture of a dead person and wrote RIP. I went over to him and said I am not dying, I'm just leaving. He says "that's me." So I clarified, "Oh, so you're dying because I am leaving?" His answer: "Yes."
-"Miss Wilson you tech us so much stuf that I think I am going to isplowd with nolig at school."
-"go buy and happy birthay miss wilson."
-"I love you Miss Wilson"

There are definitely students you feel like you try harder to be patient with and there are those that you desperately want to help. It is so great to look back over the past 8 weeks and feel like I made some sort of impact. I was frustrated with this class often, because it was filled with know-it-alls and I felt like I never truly gained their respect, constantly having to tell them to be quiet, but I will miss them and I have grown to love each of them. One boy I could not stand at the beginning became so dear to me the last two weeks. Another boy showed great improvement while I was there in terms of behavior and showing that he does get it. He gave me the longest hug goodbye- from the classroom to the buses- and my heart melted. I have such hopes for these children and I hope and pray that they will go far in life. I was able to write them each a letter and I tried to encourage them all by telling them to keep doing their best. I expect one will be a fashion model/actress, another a navy fighter pilot, a football player, and a translator. Maybe one will be a president... he did dress as JFK for celebrity day.

It is the relationships that make all the hours and the little pay worth it... I can't wait.

P.S. The little pay won't bother me at first, because I could use any pay....

No comments:

Post a Comment